Monday, January 14, 2013

The Rules of Engagement


So I think I found the cure to schediophobia, well at least for me. I had a chat with one of my friends who is a professional illustrator and I asked him if he ever gets scared to draw or sketch anything. And to my surprise he said "Yes, every time he has to do something more than a personal doodle". I honestly relieved because when I looked up phobia of drawing I didn't find anything and I thought I was the only one. Just so you know schediophilia is the sexual attraction to drawings, so I dropped the philia and added phobia, to get schediophobia. The point of all this, is that my fear isn't as irrational as I thought in fact it's normal, because I have gotten the same feeling before I do other things that and more than something for my personal gain. Something else I learned or had an up close and personal experience with today is effort. I know that you get out what you put in but I hadn't really had any first hand experience on not giving full effort from start to finish until today. The short graphic novel that I turned in was voted by my Concept development class as the worst in class today. I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill but, my story was ranked last. I know someone had to be at the bottom, to I though there could be a possibility, but I didn't think it would happen to me. When I started drawing my graphic novel I put a lot of time and effort into it but that was before I added color. One of the requirements was color and I couldn't find any of my "pigment" makers except for water color paint and I didn't honk it was a good idea to add water color to non-water color paper. So as a last minute concession I bought a set of markers and colored my graphic novel. EPIC MISTAKE. I think I would have done my graphic novel more justice by just not having color. I think I need to plan without taking any big risks to be more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment